Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yep

Sometimes you just need a project change to get the knitting juices flowing again. This is Snow Queen, the cover pattern from Fairy Tale Knits. The sample for the book is done in blue, which is a little more snowy, but nieceypoo must have pink, so the pattern name doesn't really make sense now, does it? The stitch pattern is a 6-row repeat called German Herringbone, and is easy to memorize. Chunky (well, actually worsted, but I'm used to dk or fingering!) wool & big (again, big to me) needles mean I'm just zooming along. But, sudden knitting fever combined with damp weather create arm issues, so I didn't knit at all for 2 days. Back to it today!
Here is what I've done so far, modelled by the ever patient and helpful Rosebud. She loves to help me knit by laying her giant head on one of my arms to slow me down. Very helpful.


No comments: